Eligibility for Admission (M.A.):
- Three Years graduation in Psychology (B.A./B.Sc. with Psychology) as a subject in all three years at graduation level.
- The cut off score for the admission may be decided by the faculty of the department before or after the last date for submitting the application i.e., as the situation requires.
- In specific circumstances the graduates of other allied disciplines (such as business administration, Human resource development, Bachelor of education & social work) may also be considered for admission in M.A.P. If the admission committee considers it appropriate and the concerned authoritative approves the same. However, this will be a general decision for a given academic year and on case to case basis.
No. of Seats (Intake):
Seats for admission in the department of applied psychology will be 50 (fifty), however the intake may be increased with permission of concerned authorities if the situation requires so.
Pattern of Examination:
These shall be semester wise examination system. Total semesters will be 04 (02 in First year and 02 in Final year), i.e., two academic sessions.
The fee for this course will be Rs: 14,850/- per year including the examination fee as prescribed by the University.
Pass Percentage and Promotion system:
As per the University rules.
Assessment of students performance & Scheme of Examination:
- Students will be allowed to answer the questions of examination either in English or Hindi or both languages.
- Examination shall be conducted at the end of the each semester.
- Assessment of the performance of the students shall be based on the 70:30 criteria. 70 marks for the written examination and 30 for internal assessment.
- In practical 70 marks will be based on performing practical in the lab and 30 marks will be based on viva.
The students of the course of applied psychology will be required to submit Internship training report based on 30 days training (internship in recognised organisations).
The students of M.A.P. will have submit a dissertation at the end of the final semester and its assessment will be done by the external examiner with the internal examiner (Mark=70 for dissertation work and 30 for viva-voce)
The maximum gap may be of four years from the date of admission to the part-I (semester I) of the programme
The Master of Arts in Applied Psychology offered by the Department of Adult & Continuing Education, Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University aims at training the student to critically analyse the psychological behaviour of the society in which they live or operate. It will also help them at becoming responsible citizens and contribute towards the betterment of the society.
Programmes Outcomes (POs):
The Master of Arts in Applied Psychology offered by the Department of Adult & Continuing Education, Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University aims at training the student to critically analyse the psychological behaviour of the society in which they live or operate. It will also help them at becoming responsible citizens and contribute towards the betterment of the society. The curriculum developed focuses on three orientate dimensions such as:
- Knowledge orientation, Professional skill development.
- Job orientation, Vocational Courses.
- Social Orientation.
The Applied Psychology course has been developed with the aim to equip the students with deep theoretical & practical knowledge of the subject.
M.A. Applied Psychology has a theoretical & practical base. It will appeal to all those who want to understand complexities, shifts and transformations in the human or animal behaviour in our society & application of psychological methods & findings of scientific psychology to solve them. The programme seeks to inculcate in students the psychological knowledge & skills to enhance their critical thinking & problem solving ability of the behavioural aspects of an individual or group.
The programme will open career options in multi and interdisciplinary fields via career counselling, Mental Health Counsellor, Psychologist (i.e., sports, educational, school, health, industrial, forensics, etc.), Social worker, Human resource manager, Psychotherapist besides career in teaching research & many more.
Prof. Anup Kumar
Department of Applied Psychology
Dr. Pratibha Tripathi
Area of Specialisation : Psychology
Dr. Sarita Pathak
Area of Specialisation : Psychology